Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Clearing out inactive/departed members

• sebastiancrumpcoi

@sebastiancrumpcoi

I admit this is probably not a general problem/use-case, but I’m finding it a particularly key issue for closed membership groups in particular. I would rather not simply delete old members, as that will remove all the content they have contributed too. However, I’d like to remove them from the members directory/remove their profiles.

Toying with creating a plugin to create a role that could be filtered against, but not sure I have time to do that right now. The only cludge fix I can think of is create an ‘ex-member’ user and transfer all posts etc. to it as I delete the original members. I would be very interested to know how anyone else has gone about achieving this/addressing this issue.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You aren’t going to be able to hide member profile URLs. I think you can remove people from the directory (until they log in again), by deleting a user’s “last_activity” meta_key from wp_usermeta.

sebastiancrumpcoi

@sebastiancrumpcoi

Cool. Thanks Paul, I’ll give that a go.

sebastiancrumpcoi

@sebastiancrumpcoi

That works for nicely for overall directory, but not individual group membership – any thoughts about how to achieve that? changing the is_confirmed value to 0 in wp_bp_groups_members seems to do the trick. Definitely looking like a plugin job to manage all that though…

If you do that the user, when coming back, will specifically have to go to their group invitations to-rejoin. They won’t be prompted by a notification. If it’s a public group, they could post and they’ll be automatically resubscribed.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Clearing out inactive/departed members’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar