Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Disable “friends” & have BuddyPress act like all members are friends?

• Kristine
    Participant

@kriswithmany

My husband and I are trying to set up a site for our extended family to use. With such a small group, and this purpose in mind, it seems silly to have to request each other as friends. Is there a plugin or a simple way to default all of our users as friends, and possibly get rid of the friends tab? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

Would disabling “Friends” in your Buddypress Component setup do that for you?

Kristine
    Participant

@kriswithmany

Now I feel sheepish.Thank you!

Monkeygregge

@monkeygregge

Hi !
    I am really intersted in your subject, and to me disabling “Friends” in the Component Setup is not enough.
    I am setting up an alumni website for my school, and we would like directly everybody to benefit from the “Friends” capabilities without the operation of asking everybody to be “Friends”…with all the time that takes, and with experience, we see lot of people don’t care and never answer to that request.
    I tried disabling “Friends” but then the simplest function of “fullfilling a name in the private message thing” doesn’t work anymore…between other things…

So, is it possible, is there any plugin for giving everybody all the accesses for talking, writing mass messaging, create events, etc…automatically, without asking anyone to be “Friend” ?

Thank you very very much for you help !

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable “friends” & have BuddyPress act like all members are friends?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar