Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Dont reply in activity loop if the user is not a member of that group

• leguis
    Participant

@leguis08

Hello friends. I changed in /buddypress/bp-activity/bp-activity-templatetags.php this line:
    ‘show_hidden’ => $show_hidden, // Show activity items that are hidden site-wide?
    For this:
    ‘show_hidden’ => true, // Show activity items that are hidden site-wide?
    Now all activity in my network is visible for all logged users in the home page( my network is private and 40 of 50 groups are privates. I changed this for give more life to the network). The problem is that all users can reply from home page although those users are not members of that group. Is a buddypress bug?
    can anyone help me about this bug? Thanks
    greetings from a struggling Spanish

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

@leguis08

algunas cosas:

[es tan temprano – no puedo escribir mi respuesta en castellano]

1. You should not change the core BuddyPress files (e.g. bp-activity-templatetags.php). If you do this, you will make it much harder to upgrade your site.

2. If you want to show all activity items on the home page (including the hidden items), you can do this in your theme files (without changing the BuddyPress core files):

– Have you built your own child theme? If not, check the ‘docs’ section of this site for information
    – In the activity_loop file in your child theme, include the parameter (‘show_hidden’=>true) in the call to bp_has_activities()

3. No, it’s not a bug to let you reply to an activity item:

– The default logic for privacy / hidden decides whether an activity item is shown in the stream. By default, private / hidden items wouldn’t be shown. You have over-ridden this logic, by changing the template tag to show all items regardless of whether they are hidden or not
    – Once an item is shown, you can reply to that item (unless it is a blog or forum item with replies disabled)

4. If you want to show hidden / private items, but disable replies to them if the member is not in the group:

– Try adding an additional check for group membership in the activity-meta section of entry.php in your default theme. I’m not sure if there is enough information in the activity item to let you do this

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

p.d.
    en general, no me gusta tu solución – son privados por un razón!

Si en realidad, quieres mas ‘vida’ por tu red, quizás hay una solución mejor. Por ejemplo: http://wpmu.org/introducing-buddystream-a-social-network-synchronization-plugin-for-buddypress/

Cómo se dice: “If you’re having difficulty getting your users to post updates on your BuddyPress site and the activity stream looks like a ghost town with only admin posts, then this plugin will help to fill in some content. It imports recent posts so that your users appear to be much more active.”

Suerte!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Dont reply in activity loop if the user is not a member of that group’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar