Categories
Search
Bottom

Empty Group Being Created at Avatar Step

• Vendetta
    Participant

@vendetta66

Hey All,

Whenever I create a new group, I enter the details, set the group type ie: public, private or hidden all goes well, then it goes to the avatar section and nothing appears on the screen.

In the address bar it shows I’m in the right section: groups/create/step/group-avatar/ but the breadcrumb active link is set back to 1. Details and the page is blank with only buttons for Previous Step and Next Step.

If I hit next step it creates an empty group AND the actual group with a default avatar and displays the following error message:

Are you sure you want to do this?

Please try again.

I searched around for this but couldn’t find anything.

Thanks

V

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Vendetta
    Participant

@vendetta66

Ok I’ve isolated this to the save settings step.

During this step an empty group is being created and that empty group id is being passed back to the script, since there is no information for this group as all the fields are blank, nothing gets displayed save the previous and next buttons.

What should I do?

Should I reinstall the BuddyPress plugin? Obviously there is an error somewhere that most people are not getting?

I would appreciate some advice from some of you pros :)

Thanks.

V

What theme are you using?

Vendetta
    Participant

@vendetta66

A child theme of the default.

Thanks

Vendetta
    Participant

@vendetta66

Yeah I don’t think it’s theme related.

I switched to the default theme and I have the same issue, when settings are saved a new blank group is created.

Thanks for the help.

V

Vendetta
    Participant

@vendetta66

Ok …

FaceStream was the culprit for me.

Thanks for the loads of help.

V

Hi @Vendetta, Did you manage to solve this problem? As in fix the blank avatar screen yet keeping Facestream as well?

I am having exact same issue but still couldn’t solve it. Appreciate your help.

Cheers.

Ali Erkurt
    Participant

@alierkurt

@mazen and @Vendetta I’m having the same issue too. I create a group, I upload the avatar and at the last step Splash, Boom! I get a WP error which says “Are you sure you want to do that? Please try again.” So I’m stuck…

Ali Erkurt
    Participant

@alierkurt

Still no solutions?

Pat
    Participant

@monitorthissystem

I have the same problem as well. Is there a ticket in the bug tracker?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Empty Group Being Created at Avatar Step’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar