Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Feedwordpress creating member profiles

• I’m working on building a social network for a fairly large community that I was shocked to notice did not have one. I installed feedwordpress to have an automated source of news. The names of the authors are being created into member profiles. Is there a way around this? Some of the authors are huge names in my segment and I don’t really want to be using there names as members if they did not join themselves. A) because it looks fake and B) I would not want to alienate them.

Does anyone know a way around this?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

It’s been awhile since I’ve tried out FeedWordPress, but I believe there’s a setting for you to map blog posts to already-created users. You should try that setting out.

I wouldn’t use the “create new users” options in FWP, since any WP user will have a profile in BuddyPress.

Never mind I found it. It was under syndication. There was no big obvious setting as far as I could find. In syndication you had to go under each individual feed and set them to be assigned to admin.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Feedwordpress creating member profiles’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar