Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Footer plugins and widgets

• Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

How do I put a plugin in the footer. I’ve tried using yd recent postsand it messes up my forums, any other good simple plugins?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • depends on your theme – bp-default does not include a footer widget area

Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

I’ve got a child them, I got someone to help me, he put “” to display the plugin, I want to just change this for the recent site wide posts widget.

Any clue?

Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

It wont let me post code… lets try removing brackets ?php display_yd_recent_posts_here() ?

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Mark – just try putting that code somewhere in sidebar.php of your theme. You might need to wrap it in the appropriate divs in order to get it to display in a widget-like manner.

Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

Thanks Boone, thats not the plugin I want to use though – it messes up my forum – I want to put in the recent sitewide activity post widget, where would I find the similar code for this?

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

I don’t know of a good sitewide activity widget, but you can look at the code inside of buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/activity/activity-loop.php (the if ( bp_has_activities…. stuff). Using that as a basis, you can build your own sitewide activity display.

Can anyone send me how to change the footer without losing the admin bar ? i´m using fishbook theme and when i put my URL and other content there, even not replacing the copyright, my admin bar disappears.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Footer plugins and widgets’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar