Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum topics “lost” after host change

• linusf
    Participant

@linusf

So I have successfully moved my BP installation from my last host to another (better) host.

But when I reinstall the forums in the back-end, none of my topics are shown. I can still see them inside MySQL.

Anyone have an idea how to “re import” my topics and post?

regards

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• linusf
    Participant

@linusf

Is it true that I’m the only one that has encountered this issue?

.. any input is appreciated

What have you tried?

linusf
    Participant

@linusf

As much as I want to have something to say, I’m really lost and out of ideas already. When I moved my files and db, the forums did not show in the front end, and I had to reinstall in the back end.
    I went for the option “reinstall with an existing bbpress directory” (since the db and folders were present).

My google skills have not helped me I’m afraid….

It was the re-install that I was wondering about but good you’ve tried that, bad it didn’t work; the only other thing I can think of is that your bbconfig file is either missing or still holding old values for DB access .Although a server move wouldn’t necessarily mean you needed to change wp-config or bbconfig values but if you did i.e new DB user/pwd then perhaps that change wasn’t carried through to bbconfig, either way I would just confirm file exists and has correct values – it should be found in the doc root same level as wp-config.

linusf
    Participant

@linusf

Thank you @hnla!

Your suspicions were correct. My bb-config.php carried the old DB values.

On another note, as I used the option “reinstall with an existing bbpress directory”. No files should have been modified right? Curious whether my little miss step could have damaged my buddypress install…. (duplication of files etc)

Best regards

You should be ok, don’t think you would have caused harm, the only real issue was the inability of BBpress to access DB for display of topics.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Forum topics “lost” after host change’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar