Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums & Group Forum CSS

• Doug
    Participant

@dougdaulton

Can some one post or point me to the CSS classes that style the bbPress elements of BP.

I am using WP3 & BP 1.2.5.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Easiest method of seeing where elements are being styled in stylesheets is to use Firebug for firefox which allows you to inspect page elements for views of the DOM and rulesets applied to a given element.

Doug
    Participant

@dougdaulton

Oh, and if anyone has a set of custom forum CSS that makes things sexy, I’d love to see it. Examples of my current forum implementations can be found here:

Forums
    http://dev.neoncon.com/community/forums/

Group Forum Example
    http://dev.neoncon.com/groups/living-forgotten-realms/forum/

I am getting ready to start styling them, so help that could save me time would be much appreciated.

Doug
    Participant

@dougdaulton

@hnla – I use FireBug, but am looking to grab the enite CSS block that defines the forums & group forum display so I can just drop it in my custom.css in my child theme and adjust colors, spacing, etc. The firebug method forces me to rebuild something that must surely exist elsewhere already.

Doesn’t necessarily work like that, some rulesets are within a block of generic table styles, some within other sections, you won’t find a specific block of styles to easily lift out. Really your best approach if you are building as a child theme is to call in the default.css and then overwrite it with your styles in styles.css or custom.css, as you do that you can, if necessary, remove default styles as you identify them.

Using Firebug doesn’t force you to rebuild anything if you follow the general approach that is intended when using a custom.css, you still use default.css then use Firebug to identify the ruleset styling an element and copy the selectors to custom.css and style to your requirements, remove the original default rulesets if you want to or simply leave them in place.

Doug
    Participant

@dougdaulton

@hnla – I just went ahead and built it from scratch. When I am done, I’ll bundle it up and make it available for the community.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Forums & Group Forum CSS’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar