Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Group Feed Activity

• Hi All,

I have a couple of public groups as well as many private groups. The problem I have is the Public group is feeding to the main activity for everyone. As one of my groups is FAQ it could result in a wall full of posts and notifications which are not interesting to EVERYONE.

How can I limit this to show just “XXXuser joined the group” and ignore everything like the forums posts being made and the replies etc?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone offer some help on this?

OK I had aply but still need some help please. What I have done followed a hack from another thread by @r-a-y to move the activity thread along the tabs and make the forum one home – so at least when people look at the group it does not confuse them. This along with making the thread private means that the Main Activity thread does not get cluttered with group posts. Not ideal – but will have to do.

This though causes another issue – if you click Group Directory – you get no topics found – further confusion to the users. If I turn off Group Directory in the settings, the button still remains – but if you click the button it goes to the site home page – more confusion to users.

Can anyone help me my problem another way?

Seems Groups are not very well thought through :(

Soory for bumping everyone – but this is driving me insane.

Again – sorry for the bump but I am open to all ideas with reference to the above :(

Again – sorry for the bump but I am open to all ideas with reference to the above :(

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Group Feed Activity’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar