Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Home page pitch for people who aren’t logged in

• Michael Sanborn
    Participant

@michaelsanborn

I want my site to have a panel on the home page, only visible to people who aren’t logged in, saying something like, ”Welcome! On this site you can x, y, and z. Register today!” And once you sign in, it goes away. How do I do that?

And by the way, what do you call such a thing? It must have a name since it’s so common.

TIA

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Fee
    Participant

@wdfee

A Login Panel. There are different Plugins that give you an alternate login widget, some let you change the text before and after.

Michael Sanborn
    Participant

@michaelsanborn

Thank you! At least some of the plugins returned on a search of that term look configurable enough for what I have in mind.

Michael Sanborn
    Participant

@michaelsanborn

Actually, on closer inspection none that I could find would really do. For one thing, I don’t need to replace the existing login widget. But mainly, I want an area that appears as part of the front page layout, that I can arrange with text and graphics to describe the site’s functionality and purpose. I don’t want a panel that slides in from the side or top, or appears as a modal login box obscuring the rest of the page. And nothing that’s so prefabricated that there’s almost no room to lay out my text and graphics. Just: here’s a box on the front page about the size of a small blog post, that is only visible to people who aren’t logged in.

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

If you know a bit of programming, you can hardcode it into your theme’s home page, with something like this.

Michael Sanborn
    Participant

@michaelsanborn

Ya know, I’ll bet I can work with that! This is a great forum, thank you.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Home page pitch for people who aren’t logged in’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar