Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do I add a few words after the “Sign Up Complete!” message?

• dwdutch
    Participant

@dwdutch

I’m sure I must be overlooking something obvious…

When a new member registers, I want to add a more paragraph of my own words AFTER the “Sign Up Complete!” message.

I’m using BP 1.2.5.2 on WP 3.01 with the default theme.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

The easiest thing to do is to copy registration/register.php from bp-default into your child theme. Search for the place where Sign Up Complete! appears, and put your additional paragraph after that.

dwdutch
    Participant

@dwdutch

Thanks, I’ll use that as my default strategy but i was trying to be creative so that future upgrades wouldn’t require me to have to refresh the file. I tried doing the following:

function postSignup_msg() {
    echo “blah, blah, blah”;
    echo “more blah, blah, blah”;
    }
    add_action( ‘bp_complete_signup’, ‘postSignup_msg’, 2 );

To my surprise, a simple “echo” command doesn’t play nice with outputting information while maintaining the theme formatting and, frankly, i don’t know another way to output the info so that it will better align. any suggestions?

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

The problem with hooking to bp_complete_signup is that it’s not called from within a template, so your code probably echoes above the entire template stuff. You have to find a hook in the template, and there aren’t really any obvious ones. Here’s one thing you might try (untested):

`function postSignup_msg() {
    if ( ‘completed-confirmation’ == bp_get_current_signup_step() ) {
    echo “blah blah blah”;
    }
    }
    add_action( ‘template_notices’, ‘postSignup_msg’ );`

It’s kind of an abuse of what template_notices is meant to do, but it might work.

dwdutch
    Participant

@dwdutch

Hey, that works! Thanks a bunch!!

I understand why that hook is a better selection and why the conditional is necessary but, I must admit, I don’t fully understand the concept of templates. I keep learning new stuff as i come across it so, I guess, this becomes yet another new topic to start digging around in BP forums to learn about.

Very clever solution. Thank you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I add a few words after the “Sign Up Complete!” message?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar