Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do I create a group?

• cpkid2
    Participant

@cpkid2

This is probably a stupid question but how do I actually create a group in Buddypress? When I go to site.com/groups, all I see “groups a-z, featured groups, and find groups” but no link to actually create a group. Same when I go to member profiles under the ‘groups’ tab – it just says no groups found because obviously there isn’t one because I can’t find the link to do so. The same occurs in my WordPress MU dashboard. So where’s the link? How can I insert one into my template? Please let me know. Thank you.

Here is the actual link: click

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• nicolagreco
    Participant

@nicolagreco

Go on your profile, click on Group, on your profile menu. In the second menu will appear a link with Create Group. Click there.

Or http://yourdomain.com/members/yourmembers_slug/groups/create

cpkid2
    Participant

@cpkid2

Ah, I think that link disappeared somehow when I shifted some things around. Is there a link I can just insert there using php to create a group?

Allison
    Participant

@asnevitt

I don’t have “create group” link, either.

maybe you turned on some plugin, which turned off this link. e.g. in plugin “BP-Groups-Control” in settings you can turn off it i think :/

YolandaS
    Participant

@yolandas

I found a way to create a group but i can see the group that i have created.

If you go to the admin page. There will be BuddyPress icon on the top of the admin login.
    Hover over the icon and hover over Profile fields/group and then add new field group

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I create a group?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar