Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to add backgroung color to buddypress

• Joe
    Participant

@joe9999

I changed <body> to <body background="picbg.jpg"> This puts the bg image on all pages except when I go to a group or members page. This is on a fresh install of 2.9.2 with sense-and-sensibility-bp as the theme. Why wont it show up on thoes pages? Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• abcde666
    Participant

@erich73

background-color:#F5F5F5;
    background-image:url(/bg.jpg);
    background-repeat:repeat-x;

Joe
    Participant

@joe9999

Thanks Erich73 for any info

I am not sure how to use the code you provided.What i have is

<body background="picbg.jpg">

The images show on the pages except on the member and each group pages
    how would I use the code

thanks

Hugo Ashmore
    Keymaster

@hnla

Do not change the markup directly, likely you have not added your ‘code’ to every instance of the pages that require it, regardless this isn’t the corect approach for many reasons that I won’t labour.
    you should add images such as this using the background property but from the primary stylesheet for your theme with the graphic itself uploaded to whatever directory exists for iamges in that theme directory. If you find and open your primary stylesheet you will probably see examples of the background property used to place graphics on other elements so simply copy the example to the body element while replacing the graphics file name to the one you want.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to add backgroung color to buddypress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar