Categories
Search
Bottom

In Profile fields

• Marcos Nobre
    Participant

@onyx808

Hey guys,

is there a way or plugin to have a set of field in the profile page that are not from the signup form?

I want to have a few fields with a set of questions like “Favorite Restaurant” and the user be able to edit this and add their favorite restaurant etc… similar to facebook.. I dont have to overload the sign up form…

thank you!
    Onyx

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

@onyx808

That’s a basic feature of profile fields. Go to “Profile Field Setup” in your backend and you’ll see this:
    “NOTE: Any fields in the first group will appear on the signup page.”

Simply click the “Add New Field Group” button and create the fields you want in that new group. They will not appear on the signup page, but will be available on the user’s Profile page.

Be careful with the “Required” setting though. If you set fields in new groups to “Required”, your users will be trapped on their profile page the first time they visit until they fill in all required fields.

Marcos Nobre
    Participant

@onyx808

ooooooooooooh!! @pcwriter thank you thank you thank you!!!!

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

@onyx808

Oops… my comment about “Required” fields is a bit (a lot?) misleading :-(

Users will not be able to save their profile settings until all required fields are filled out… that’s what I meant by “trapped” :-)

pelikan79
    Participant

@pelikan79

Hi,

Under profile field group i have name permanently in there. Is there a way that I can remove that field?

thank you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘In Profile fields’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar