Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Is there a way to add titles to groups of checkboxes within the same field

• I want to create a checkbox field with a list of instruments. I want to group those instruments by their generic type such as strings, wind percussion, etc, etc. I do not want to create a separate group for each generic type since it makes using the profile harder. because it adds many sections and it makes any coding harder since it requires getting multiple fields to get the list of instruments.

I would also like to list the checkboxes across the page verses down the page. I found that the suffusion theme will list across the page, but their integration with buddypress and its plugins seems alittle precarious. Is there some setting I am missing about changing the orientation of checkboxes and radio buttons with buddypress I am missing?

Instruments (The existing Field Name)
    Strings (Title – new concept)
    violin [] cello [] (The normal checkbox options)
    Wind (Title – new concept)
    clarinet [] oboe [] (The normal checkbox options)

How can I accomplish these two tasks without any major programming? If major programming is invovled, can I be pointed in the correct direction since I am new to buddypress?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

Well If the suffision theme offers the horizontal list, than copy the CSS from the theme using firebug, and you should be able to copy it into your current theme.

It’s probably a one rule statement of css your missing.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Is there a way to add titles to groups of checkboxes within the same field’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar