Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Issue Friend Requesting

• When I friend request, it sends the friend request but throws the following error:

( ! ) Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_get_settings_slug() in C:wampwwwwordpresswp-contentpluginsbuddypressbp-friendsbp-friends-notifications.php on line 17

Thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Along the same lines – i just updated to 1.5 and now the friendship requests and accepting show the user an error with every action even though the friendship is accepted or sent successfully. : /
    Says something like “There was an error processing your request please try again”

Anyone have a fix for this? I found and navigated to the function, so i know it’s defined. I’m not sure what the exact problem is.

Thanks.

I fixed it by commenting out all the instances of it. go through each folder within your buddypress plugin and comment out the lines that have

$settings_link = bp_core_get_user_domain( $receiver_user_id ) . bp_get_settings_slug() . ‘/notifications/’;

or similar. I just went through each one and searched for “bp_get_settings_slug”, commenting out everytime it was found.

Hope this helps someone until there is a fix.

Thanks.

Hello i have the same case! exactly in Friend Requesting and Group Requesting

i have buddypress 1.5 and WP 3.2.1

i used fix from Mcas86.. i hope new version or real fix =)

I am getting a similar error on friend requests as well as private messages being sent since the upgrade. Can you give an example of the code fix that you placed? (Example of commenting out within php)

Thanks so much!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue Friend Requesting’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar