Categories
Search
Bottom

Links in Members Directory not working.

• Shaun
    Participant

@ikey

Hello Everyone,

I have installed Buddypress latest version in my WP 2.9.2.
    I am using this version of WP because when I upgraded to the latest version I lost the use of many plugins and had to downgrade to 2.9.2.
    I suspect that may have something to do with my problem.

On the members page
    http://www.lazeeonline.com/members
    when users click to go to the other pages of members they are prompted to login and the AJAX comes into play.
    When you click to submit you are redirected to the blank page ../wp-load.php.

However, users are successfully logged in but if they try to use the page links
    the login box will show again so it is impossible to see the other users.

I have deactivated many plugins to see if anything was conflicting but the problem remains the same.
    I’m quite good at WP and have cutomized the buddypress template files to fit into my existing theme
    so I may have made a mistake along the way to cause this problem.

Does anyone have any possible solutions for me to look into?

Thank you in advance.

Ikey

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

Hej Ikey,

as you have heavily customised this area of the site – redirecting to login if not a member in the members directory – I suspect the problem is in your customisation / redirect logic, and not a BuddyPress bug.

You’d need to post a lot more information for someone to assist on this – all of your re-direct logic / function would be a start (use pastebin.com and include a link in your thread).

Then, keep your fingers crossed that someone wants dive in to heavily customised code and look around to help :-)

Cheers,
    Roger

Shaun
    Participant

@ikey

Hey Roger

Thanks for your reply

I will do what you suggested.

The members page is not an active link yet and everything else is working so I’m willing to spend a bit of time to figure this problem out.

Meanwhile my finges remained crossed as I dive back into my code.

I have to crack it.

Thanks again Roger

Ikey

Wp-load.php is where the AJAX requests are sent to. Have you included or customised the main js from bp-default? Might be worth stepping through an AJAX request on your theme vs default theme and see what’s up.

Shaun
    Participant

@ikey

Thanks Paul,

I actually have some time to look into this now.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Links in Members Directory not working.’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar