Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Members loop has bug (BP 1.5.1)

• James
    Participant

@janismo

If argument “include” is used in bp_has_members() BP 1.5.1, parameter “type” stops working, even if it used as default (“active”).

I have checked clean BP 1.5.1, same behaviour.
    Restored BP 1.2.10 and there combinations of ‘include=…&type=…’ are working fine.

Something was changed in latest BPs.

@boonebgorges
    hi Boone, tried to find what could be the reason, the only topics I see are

•Add include and exclude parameters for bp_has_members loop (#2620).
    •Update members loop to allow an unlimited per_page setting (#1991).

thanks.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• modemlooper

@modemlooper

Explain what you are trying to accomplish.

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

I don’t see anything in the code which would have caused such a change, but it’s possible. Please open a bug ticket at http://trac.buddypress.org

James
    Participant

@janismo

James
    Participant

@janismo

thank you @boonebgorges, it was fast and loop is working again.

small question. I have custom loop in sidebar. when I go to default search in members directory, type in some username and press search button, everything works fine – members directory shows result, loop in sidebar without changes. BUT, if during search I press enter (insetead of search button), both loops shows search results.
    is it known behaviour?

Edit: tried to test it on “Who’s Online” here on buddypress.org. If I search for a member in adminbar, widget stops showing who is online (actually, without difference what you press).

James
    Participant

@janismo

maybe there is some way to lock custom loop from searching?

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

“custom loop” is the one in the sidebar? How did you add it there?

James
    Participant

@janismo

yes, added it to the sidebar.php of my bp-default child theme (cannot show, local at the moment).
    have shortened it a bit, but same things happends with 100% default loop too.
    it was checked on IE8, but looks like firefox doesn’t have such problem. However, I have custom search in adminbar and it searches both loops again (members directory and custom in the sidebar, in both browsers), that’s why I thought about some locking.

James
    Participant

@janismo

@boonebgorges

http://testbp.org/members/

test bp is a good place to see it live. if in members directory you search for a user, who is not currently in “Who is Online” widget (which, I assume, is custom loop), widget will show “There are no users currently online”. If you search for a user, who is online, widget will show result of your search.

It should be tested in IE, during search press enter.

Edit: if you do the same from header search, same issue even if you press “search” button.

thanks.

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Open a bug ticket for that please

James
    Participant

@janismo

James
    Participant

@janismo

hi guys, does anyone have some working fix, or at least direction for fixing last ticket? thanks.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Members loop has bug (BP 1.5.1)’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar