Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Members Page – Back and Next …

• thealchemist

@thealchemist

So, a member was wondering why, when viewing the members list, we can’t use the back and next buttons in the browser. So I thought I’d ask. I’m assuming that the member list really isn’t 12 individual pages but one long list and I’m thinking there’s no real way to change this. Am I correct?

Part two to this question is … I currently have 12 ‘pages’ on my member list (as I begin week 3) and the breadcrumb goes “1 2 … 12 –>” I was wondering how I could change it to be “1 2 3 … 10 11 12 NEXT | END” and, when we’re deeper into the list “FIRST | PREVIOUS 5 6 7 … 10 11 12 NEXT | END”

This is more of a tweak than something we NEED but if there’s a relatively easy solution out there I’d love to hear it.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • the answer to the first part is that this is a consequence of using Ajax and a good reason not to use it frankly – Ajax is loved because it seems cool and indeed is to a large extent but it is really something that was never meant to be, the browser is not meant to be able to directly pass data to and from the server side, in effect what happens is that the browser doesn’t really now anything has happened and can’t keep a history state thus your back button does not go back one page as that page was never loaded by the browser or requested, hitting back button simply takes you back out of the members page altogether regardless of what page depth you had loaded. For page lists like this my personal view is it’s better not to use Ajax to load in the data.

questox
    Participant

@questox

For some reason when users click on my Members list and then try to scroll through the list, when clicking on the arrow to go to the next page of members, they get “no further members listed” when there are more. Any ideas how to fix this?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Members Page – Back and Next …’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar