Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Problem with My Blogs on admin bar

• Brian
    Participant

@bcullen

I’m running WordPress 3.0.1 (Multisite enabled) and BuddyPress 1.2.5.2 and I’m having difficulty with the My Blogs menu on the admin bar.

As I understand things the situation is as follows. If I add a user to one of the blog as a subscriber that blog is not added to the My Blogs list – which is fine. However if I then go back in and change the role of the user to Author or higher the blog still doesn’t appear. To make that blog appear in the My Blog menu I either need to remove the user and read him with the higher role or disable and then re-enable BuddyPress.

So my guess is that the data source for the admin bar is updated when you add a user (or restart BuddyPress) but not when you change the users role. I have tried looking through the code but never having looked at any of the WordPress code before I’m finding it hard to find the relevant parts. Can anyone help me with this?

Apologies if this has come up elsewhere I know similar problems have been discussed before but I couldn’t find an answer … or at least not one I understand.

Thanks for the help.

• The topic ‘Problem with My Blogs on admin bar’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar