Categories
Search
Bottom

Problem with the View link on the activity stream -default theme

• Carolina Nymark
    Participant

@poena

Hi,

I’m using wp 2.9.2 and buddypress 1.2.2.1.

On the activity stream there is a link called view, and it’s working fine with forum posts, when clicked it displays the forum and the sidebar correctly. But when the activity is a member registration, it loads a page that only has the activity in it, not the sidebar or headline.

I would like new member registration activities to link to the member profile page.

When the view link is on an “update”, it also links to a page that only has that activity on it, and no sidebar or headline.

My meny is also not aligned correctly, probably because of the missing sidebar.

I’ve only tested it while being logged out, btw.

I’ve figured as much that activity/index.php loads activity/activity-loop.php, wich loads activity/entry.php.

(And thats why I can’t just add the sidebar to entry.php.)

-But I can’t see where in entry.php the view link is being shown. on line 46 there is a view link, but its in an If statement wich does not show the link when you are logged out.

I belive it is this function bp_activity_action() wich leads to bp_insert_activity_meta, but this is hardcoded into buddypress. (bp-activity-templatetags.php)

Can anyone give me some ideas how I can overwrite this in my theme? I could copy it and post it without the function in the entry.php file, but how do I sort what kind of activity to publish the link on?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• mistercyril
    Participant

@mistercyril

Hello,
    I noticed the same problem (no sidebar) in my install of BP 1.2.3
    Did you end up finding a solution?

correct, there are instances where it loads in the members/single/activity/permalink

the function bp_activity_screen_single_activity_permalink() calls this but you can override the template call in this filter:

apply_filters( ‘bp_activity_template_profile_activity_permalink’, ‘members/single/activity/permalink’ )

Hey Guys,

So I just need to add this line (via @nuprn1) to my functions?

Does this also fix previously posted activities or only newly posted ones?

Cheers.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with the View link on the activity stream -default theme’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar