Categories
Search
Bottom

Security Protection and Community Blogging

• Sam
    Participant

@scc6

Hi all,

I am in the midst of creating an online community blog and am very confused. I have the MU network setup and Buddypress installed as well.

Here is what I am hoping to achieve:

Sign up page with authorization by me – I want to make the option available to sign up, but pending approval for now. I want to keep the community close knit for the time being and don’t want just anybody to have access to the blogs inside as I am hoping to share more personal information.

A landing page with said sign-up page – I want to give visitors a brief idea of what the community is about, but I don’t want to release the content from other members out in the open.

A push of the latest blog posts from the community for signed in members – Once users have signed up and signed in, they should be able to see the latest blog posts from the various blogs of members inside the community on the front page instead of the landing page.

Groups – if clicking on the groups, the latest blog posts from the members of that group should show inside the page.

Each person’s who has an account should automatically have a blog to decorate on their own to a degree, with as much customization as possible.

Commenting and Status updates – these should be the same throughout the community.

So I am asking, how much of this is possible and how can I get it done? (Plugins, themes, etc.?)

Much Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Security Protection and Community Blogging’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar