Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

set wmode=”transparent” for oembed plugin

• abu_eldahab

@abu_eldahab

Hello,

I’m using oEmbed for BuddyPress plugin i want to add wmode=”transparent” to solve flash z-index problem how can i do that ?

Regards

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • If you are wanting to ensure that the flash object actually sits as part of the page you will want wmode=”opaque” rather than ‘transparent’.

Adding this attribute is not that straightforward, Rays plugin uses the WP oembed class and a quick glance at that doesn’t reveal a simple approach to adding this attribute and I’m finding the markup construction rather fractured to follow however there appears to be filters that could be used.

I think a shoutout to @r-a-y might be in order as he will probably know how to feed a new attribute to the object tag – if it proves not feasible the only solution I could think of would be to inject the attribute using jQuery but it wouldn’t be the best approach.

abu_eldahab

@abu_eldahab

Hello ,

Thanks for your replay , as a temporary solution i solved it with jquery by using this code

jQuery(’embed’).attr(‘wmode’,’Opaque’).wrap(‘

‘);

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

There’s a filter you can use: embed_oembed_html.

Do something like this:
    http://pastebin.com/SnfW14ZC (updated, previous one had a typo)

opaque!

abu_eldahab

@abu_eldahab

@r-a-y

i tried to do as you said and it gave me error
    “Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘my_eombed_wmode’ not found or invalid function name in /home/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 166”

Pisanojm
    Participant

@pisanojm

@r-a-y I got the same error as abu above when adding snipet to the functions.php re: transparent oembed

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

@pisanojm @abu_eldahab – There’s a typo on the last line.

Change “my_eombed_wmode” to “my_oembed_wmode” and it should work.

*Edit – I just noticed that there’s an error in my code. Updated Pastebin snippet should work now.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘set wmode=”transparent” for oembed plugin’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar