Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Something funky going on please help

• dkoepke
    Participant

@dkoepke

I was working on my site and making modifications to a theme. I connected to the ftp site via coda on the mac. I modified the CSS file for the theme, realized the change I made didn’t work and put the changes back. After I did that all of the images for the site don’t load. Member images and the header image no longer come up. What did I do? How can I fix this?

Thanks,
    David

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

We do not have enough information to help you. Please answer these questions: https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/when-asking-for-support/

Inactive

Sounds like you may have cut out a closing brace “}”.

15 Surefire Ways to Break Your CSS:
    http://www.cssnewbie.com/15-surefire-ways-to-break-your-css/

dkoepke
    Participant

@dkoepke

Dennis i tried the bracket trick and also checked my whole css they are closed properly :(

1. Which version of WP/MU are you running? 2.9.2
    2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install? Subdomain
    3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? Root
    4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version? Yes 2.9
    5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. Yes
    6. Which version of BP are you running? 1.2.4.1
    7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? yes whatever the previous version wa
    8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? yes lots :)
    9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? using the bp-widget theme based on the unplugged theme
    10. Have you modified the core files in any way? no
    11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? no
    12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? came with it built in
    13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. no errors on server, just get a 404 error for images from the /files/… locations including the header.
    14. Which company provides your hosting? superhosting.com

dkoepke
    Participant

@dkoepke

Just to add to the troubleshooting, I have changed themes to an out of the box unmodified buddypress theme (not the default but another) and I am still getting the issue. When logged into the admin the images all there come up fine so I don’t think it is related to WordPress, but rather something related to buddypress css or something else in buddypress.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can check out the site at http://sharepointindex.com.

Thanks,
    David

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Something funky going on please help’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar