Categories
Search
Bottom

Stylizing the navigation bar

• John
    Participant

@johnwinch42

Hello,

I’m using buddypress with WordPress multi-blogging. I’ve got some modifications to make to my buddypress’s navigation bar.

I would like to know how I could stylizing the buddypress navigation in the aim to make it look like the same on all the blogs. On certain blogs the buddypress’s navigation bar is different than the others blogs.

Also I would like to modify the background property to make it 100% compatible with IE.

Is it possible to add a link in the buddypress navigation bar ?

Thanks you for your help.

Best regards,

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• John
    Participant

@johnwinch42

Sorry to up the post, anyone have any ideas ? Or any clues ?

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

Adding a link – Have a look at this thread: https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/how-to-moverelocate-the-links-in-the-admin-bars-my-account-individuallyseparately-to-the-sidebar/

Your other issues are CSS rather than BuddyPress related. Check the admin bar CSS settings in the different themes you are using for your blogs. If you want them to look the same, they will have to have the same settings.

John
    Participant

@johnwinch42

@rogercoathup Thanks, If I put a @import url(“pathtoacsscontainingnavigationcssstyle”); in all my theme’s css will this works ?
    I’ll see the same navigation bar all over my blogs, despite the themes they may have ?

And with this way I only have to modified one file to change the navigations bar css attributes of all the blogs.

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

@johnwinch42

It may, but without knowing all of your themes’ CSS setups, it’s not possible to say for sure. Order of CSS is important, later definitions will override previous ones. More specific selectors might interfere, as might indiscriminate use of !important.

Give it a try!

John
    Participant

@johnwinch42

@rogercoathup I’ve noticed that If I modify the adminbar.css in the buddypres default theme it’s applied to all my blogs. (I can change the background, I still have to find how to define a police / font for all the blogs)

How is it possible ? I didn’t choose the default theme, I’m using a child one for my buddypress. And if I try to overwrite the css with the child it doesn’t work.

John
    Participant

@johnwinch42

Any ideas anyone ?

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

@johnwinch42

I’m not really sure what you are asking:

Do you want to allow all blogs to have their own choice of theme, but ensure that they use the same font for the admin bar?

That’s not really possible, because you don’t have any control over the CSS files in the sub site themes – if they define their own CSS settings for the admin bar / standard fonts / etc., they are the ones that will be applied in their site.

If you want that degree of control, you probably need to create a small set of bespoke themes that they can choose from, ensuring you have set the admin bar settings as you want them in each of those themes.

John
    Participant

@johnwinch42

@rogercoathup “Do you want to allow all blogs to have their own choice of theme, but ensure that they use the same font for the admin bar?”

Yes, this is what I wanted, apparently it’s not possible but at least I can set up the background to look the same on IE and Firefox.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Stylizing the navigation bar’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar