Categories
Search
Bottom

Subpages of root component disappeared after upgrade to latest SVN

• Boris
    Participant

@travel-junkie

Hello all,

just a quick question for the core devs. Just upgraded to the latest 1.5 SVN version. Now, in Buddyvents, subpages of the root page are unavailable. The root page is available cause a direct match is found in the bp catch uri function. I’ve then tracked it down to Buddyvents not being present in $bp->active_components, even though I’ve added it to the bp_setup_globals hook. Used to work before, but not anymore. What hook should I use to register plugins in the active_components array?

Cheers!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Boris
    Participant

@travel-junkie

Ended up using `register_activation_hook` and `register_deactivation_hook` to modify the `bp-active-components` option, which populates the `$bp->active_components` array.

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Hm. That’s not a very good general solution :) Can you share the code you’re using at bp_setup_globals? I don’t think anything has changed recently in BP that would cause this kind of problem (I’ve got an install running a couple dozen plugins on the latest trunk, with no problems like this), but if there is a problem, we should figure it out soon :)

Do you happen to remember how much time happened between your svn ups? Days, weeks, months?

Boris
    Participant

@travel-junkie

That would’ve been something like this:
    `function bpe_setup_globals()
    {
    global $bp;

// some stuff

$bp->active_components = 1;

// some more stuff
    }
    add_action( ‘bp_setup_globals’, ‘bpe_setup_globals’ );`

It’s probably been 5 days to a week since the last upgrade.

Mine might not be the most elegant solution, but at least it makes sure that my plugin is working :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Subpages of root component disappeared after upgrade to latest SVN’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar