Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

The groups loop and group meta

• Boris
    Participant

@travel-junkie

Maybe I’m blind, but it seems that there isn’t an easy way to filter bp_has_groups so that only groups with certain group metadata attached are returned. Am I blind or do I have to write my own little function and filter groups_get_groups?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Sven Lehnert
    Participant

@svenl77

I have the same problem,
    I have added a group metadata “featured” to have featured groups displayed separately. It’s just a checkbox. All is working, but now I stuck, how to filter the metadata in bp_has_groups().

https://codex.buddypress.org/developer-docs/custom-buddypress-loops/the-groups-loop/

At the moment I check it in the loop, but this is realy dirty

if(groups_get_groupmeta( bp_get_group_id(), ‘bp_featured_group’ ) == ‘Featured’):

wold be great to know how you have done this.
    Did you build a function groups_get_groups? If yes, would be great if you could share it here ;-)

Boris
    Participant

@travel-junkie

To be honest, I don’t really remember what I needed that for and what I did in the end. It should be possible to use this filter: `groups_get_groups` to get rid of the unwanted groups, but that filter might happen too late in the process, so you’ll end up with less than the normal paged items (does that make sense?).

The way to do it in BP 1.3 is to do a custom query to get all group ids and then pass those into the loop. Not possible with 1.2.7 though…

Hi can you help me. I can’t create groups in BuddyPress. There is no link on the Admin Bar to create, just My Groups and Invites. I have reloaded BuddyPress and even started a new site and it won’t work. This has been a problem for many and I have searched many forums but, have not found a fix.

Can you help or point me in the right direction?

Don

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘The groups loop and group meta’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar