Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Unable to add a new topic in global forum

• RCGP
    Participant

@rcgp

I’m logged in as a ‘member’ in my BP installation and when I try to add a new topic in the global forum, it submits then returns to a blank group forums directory page and it says “Sorry, there were no forum topics found.”

I made sure that forums are activated and it works fine when adding new topics under a group forum, but global forums doesn’t seem to work. Am I missing something?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• mixmastakooz
    Participant

@mixmastakooz

I’m having this exact same problem! Groups work fine, but the global forum doesn’t work.

Brady
    Participant

@groupheave

I am having a similar problem, but I am unable to add a new topic under global or group.

mixmastakooz
    Participant

@mixmastakooz

Ok, figured it out (for me at least). I created a public group called “Forum For All” (name it whatever you wish) and I was able to post a forum topic using the global forums link. I take it the global forums link looks for all public groups and finds the topics in those groups. So, if you have multiple public groups, you can choose which forum to post to. But then again, I was posting as Admin and by default, I belong to all groups.

RCGP
    Participant

@rcgp

Cool thanks! I’ll try that out.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to add a new topic in global forum’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar