Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Where can I find Buddypress v. 1.2.3 to downgrade to?

• JohnnyScience

@johnnyscience

I have important plugins that are only compatiable with Buddypress v. 1.2.3 & I’ve recently upgraded to 1.2.5.2

Where can I find the older version of Buddypress?

I looked on the site but they only seem to let you download the newest version

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • https://trac.buddypress.org/browser/tags/1.2.3

zip file bottom of page. Not a great idea downgrading though!

JohnnyScience

@johnnyscience

Ok thanks, it downloaded as tags_1.2.3-r3295.zip

It installed successfully, but when I tried to activate it I got The plugin does not have a valid header.

I assume its because of the file name?

What should I rename the zip file so that when it uploads it it will install & overwrite?

Thanks.

LPH2005
    Participant

@lph2005

Why not upgrade to 1.2.6 when it becomes available in a few days or download the zip for the branch here and test it to see if it works for your site with those plugins. Alternatively, update the plugins to work with the latest BP version.

JohnnyScience

@johnnyscience

because my photo & video plugin were designed for 1.2.3 and if I want to upgrade to their newer version I have to pay to upgrade basically.

The plugins work fine as they were, I just need to get the older buddypress plugin activated again so they start working like before.

Do I need to rename the zip file? WP doesnt seem to take it as is with the downloaded file name…

Personally not downloaded a zip as I use SVN to grab the branch, but if you don’t have a folder after unzipping called ‘buddypress’ then yes you’ll have to rename it, it’s one of those suck it and see questions reallly.

JohnnyScience

@johnnyscience

do I re-label the .zip file buddypress.zip ?

The file inside of that was labled “tags” which I then changed to buddypress

And inside of that there is a folder called 1.2.3 and then inside of that there are all of the BP files.

Do I also need to relabel the 1.2.3 folder BuddyPress as well?

JohnnyScience

@johnnyscience

Nevermind I got it.

Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Where can I find Buddypress v. 1.2.3 to downgrade to?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar