Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Will I be able to upgrade via dash if I use 1.5 RC1 ?

• If I manually install 1.5 RC1, will I be notified and be able to update normally/successfully via the dashboard when 1.5 is released?

Since 1.2.11 is in the works, I’m assuming 1.5 isn’t going to be released anytime soon.

A bit confused why BP RC isn’t installable via the dashboard while bbpress RC is.

New to the WP/BP world, learning.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

> If I manually install 1.5 RC1, will I be notified and be able to update normally/successfully via the dashboard when 1.5 is released?

Yes.

> Since 1.2.11 is in the works, I’m assuming 1.5 isn’t going to be released anytime soon.

Incorrect assumption :) There may well be a 1.2.11 for security reasons, as not everyone will want to (or be able to) upgrade to BP 1.5 right away.

> A bit confused why BP RC isn’t installable via the dashboard while bbpress RC is.

Usually betas and RCs are not released through the auto-update channels. bbPress 2.0 is a special case, because it’s the first version that is a WordPress plugin. So there’s no risk of someone using a stable version switching to a non-stable version.

Excellent. Thanks for the clarification.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Will I be able to upgrade via dash if I use 1.5 RC1 ?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar