Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Woke Up Mysteriously with a Fatal Error

• Bigjimmysisco

@bigjimmysisco

I woke up so mysteriously one day, went to my site, went to a buddypress profile, and with a shock, came across this weeird error in buddypress

`Fatal error: Call to undefined function: bp_core_set_avatar_constants() in /home/***/****/****/bp-core/bp-core-avatars.php on line 12`

I am using bp 1.2.8, and wp 3.1, i tried removing everything, but it’s still there. What is wrong!!!!!

P.S, I’ve tried searching for this, but nobody has had this before. Whaaat??

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Don’t know if it helps but, I actually I have had that error before, but only when I try accessing that file directly. Are you including that file on another script?
    Also I doubt I will be able to help you much as I just started with bp plugins and etc just yesterday :) but I will try ;)

Bigjimmysisco

@bigjimmysisco

try what??

what does it mean?

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Very strange. It’s possible that your BP installation files have become corrupted somehow. You might consider reuploading BP 1.2.8 (overwriting the files that are already there).

Bigjimmysisco

@bigjimmysisco

boone, thanks for the reply.. but as I said in my first post, that i already removed everything, and reinstalled and it’s still there.

I’m going to cry.

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

I’m telling you, something is corrupt in your bp-core/bp-core-avatars.php file. You can see here https://trac.buddypress.org/browser/tags/1.2.8/bp-core/bp-core-avatars.php that there should be no call to bp_core_set_avatar_constants() on line 12 of the file. I’m guessing that the first 46 lines have somehow been removed from your file. Open it up and look to see that it matches the distribution version exactly.

Bigjimmysisco

@bigjimmysisco

Hmm… ok thanks. I copied the file from that template and pasted it in my file. Looks like it fixed that error but now i got another one!! :(

`Fatal error: Call to undefined function: bp_core_fetch_avatar( $args = ” ) in /home/***/****/****/bp-core/bp-core-avatars.php on line 60`

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

There must be something wrong with the way that you are editing the files. What program are you using to edit them? The file should look exactly like this: https://svn.buddypress.org/tags/1.2.8/bp-core/bp-core-avatars.php Yours must not.

Bigjimmysisco

@bigjimmysisco

i’m using filezilla. I haven’t done anything wrong, i just copied the right file into the ftp

Bigjimmysisco

@bigjimmysisco

i just did it for like the 4th time, and now the error changed to:

`Fatal error: Call to undefined function: bp_core_admin_bar() in /home/***/****/****/bp-core/bp-core-adminbar.php on line 3`

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Something must be wrong with the way that your host’s PHP parser is working. It doesn’t seem to be recognizing the function declaration correctly. You might think about contacting your host.

Maybe someone smarter than me on these boards will have a better idea. I have never heard of this sort of problem before.

Bigjimmysisco

@bigjimmysisco

My site got hacked…

sad day.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Woke Up Mysteriously with a Fatal Error’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar