Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Wondering how to edit the admin bar on the main site.

• omosha
    Participant

@omosha

Hey all,

The admin bar on the main site install seems to have a shadow effect around the text that makes it seem blurry. Where would I modify the .css in order to remove the text effect?

Thanks for the support!
    -Brant

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

@omosha

Could you provide a link to your main site? It’s difficult to say for certain what might be causing the blur without being able to see it.

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

@omosha

Hi again. I found a link to your site on another of your posts. The problem is caused by your theme. There’s a “text-shadow” effect applied to the #body container so it affects everything.

Add the following to your style.css to remove that effect from the adminbar:

#admin-bar-logo, #wp-admin-bar li.no-arrow a, #wp-admin-bar ul li a {text-shadow:0 0 0 #fff;}

omosha
    Participant

@omosha

Thanks PCwriter! While I tried adding the code to the main site. It didn’t quite work out, but it put me on the right path. I just went through the code and removed the places where a{test-shadow…} was showing up and whola. I didn’t think the body container was governing the admin bar, but apparently it was.

Thanks again, pcwriter!! I love this community!

Cheers,
    -Brant

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Wondering how to edit the admin bar on the main site.’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar