Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress Blogging

• DJcody1234

@djcody1234

My users can’t blog I try to find a pluton so they can’t blog but I can’t seem to find anything can some one help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• DJcody1234

@djcody1234

Pluton= plugin

Presume that you actually mean – “so they *can* blog” ?

Can you not simply set the ‘new user default role’ to ‘Contributor’ or ‘Author’ in general settings then all your users can post to the main blog.

If that isn’t what you’re after then you’ll need to elaborate a little on what you are actually wanting to do i.e allow them to post from the front end of the blog without having to use the dashboard?

Treebeard

@malawimama

Buddypress v. 1.2.9
    WP v. 3.2.1

Hi,
    I’m trying to figure out a way to allow users to add new Posts to existing blog categories but with control over the categories they are allowed to post to… but I’m having no luck finding a way to do that.

Users are registered as Contributors.
    This is a single site (not allowing them to create their own blogs)

When you click on the Dashboard > New Post link, you can see the actual dashboard in the site. It looks a bit tacky and confusing because you can see everyone’s posts in there as well as your own. There are hundreds…

1. I would like to disallow users from posting to the main category, and force them to choose a subcategory.
    2. I would like to allow them to post on the frontend if possible, it’s not a major necessity (functionality is more important right now).

I have already tried the 2 plugins I found listed here in the forums, but they are both broken.

Perhaps I’m missing something in the settings for Buddypress? or maybe there’s a hack for this?

thanks! :)

Question doesn’t seem to really cover BuddyPress. I’d suggest you try searching on the WordPress.org forums

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘WordPress Blogging’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar