Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Wp 3.0.1. Local host: The requested URL /members/ was not found on this server.

• helga
    Participant

@helverk

running WP 3.0.1 multisite on a local host with WAMP.

Can’t get the site running because every internal link is broken and when selected they show up empty sites with this message:
    Not Found
    The requested URL /groups/ was not found on this server.
    Not Found
    The requested URL /page/ was not found on this server.
    I can find the sites if I type ‘index.php’ infront of the page name, group, members, forum… but the site is still not working since every single link is broken.

Please don’t ask me to read the thread with similar name, because I have already been asked to post my similar but not the same problem in a new thread.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

@helverk – I think the crucial difference between your site and Christina’s, is that you are experiencing your problems trying to set up a local test server.

Does your site function correctly without BuddyPress installed? Including using custom permalinks (e.g. /%category%/%postname%/). When you switch to custom permalinks without BuddyPress what url’s do you see? Do they still have index.php in them (it shouldn’t be there)?

If they do, the problem is probably something in your basic server / WordPress setup, rather than a BuddyPress problem

helga
    Participant

@helverk

It worked just fine untill I installed BuddyPress.
    First I tried to use buddypress approved themes (not BP themes) but they looked really bad. Pages would load normally but none of the BP functions would.
    Then I switched to BP themes and after that nothing has loaded properly apart from the first page.

-deactivated BuddyPress plugin
    -changed Permalinks to default
    ….and everything works beautifully, except for Buddy Press (which is no longer active).

helga
    Participant

@helverk

but… if I put /%category%/%postname% in permalinks-custom the sites go “not found”

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

@helverk – if custom permalinks (/%category%/%postname%/) don’t work for your WordPress without BuddyPress installed, then the problem is in your basic WordPress server setup, and not to do with BuddyPress.

You need to make sure you can run WordPress correctly with permalinks, before moving on to the BuddyPress installation. Unfortunately, the WordPress forums would be the best place to get an answer on this one.

Edit// Roger beat me to it :)
    When you say if I put %category%%postname% sites go not found is this without BP activated?

Helga please check the other thread and just confirm (here) whether you can write to the .htaccess file correctly if you can then the issue lies with your server setup running under http://localhost/wordpress/ or whatever url you have to use.

helga
    Participant

@helverk

I can open my WordPress folder and access the .thaccess file by opeining it in my notepad if that is what you mean by writing to the file.

No it is not Helga -re read my questions carefully writing to the file is done by the server not the human. Can you re read Rogers comment we need o know if permalink issue you mentioned is with BP deactivated.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Wp 3.0.1. Local host: The requested URL /members/ was not found on this server.’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar