Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BP and Multisite questions pre-install

• I am a little confused about WP Multisite and where to put my BuddyPress community.

I test installed BP on my current WP blog but it wont work well with my custom theme, even with the Template Pack, it literary lays on top of each other. I uninstalled it.

I would like my “community” to be separate from my main blog/website, it could even use a different template that works better with BP, a basic template that I could customize to look similar to my main site. At the same time, my community will be based on the topics and contents of my main blog and I would like BP to be able to show recent posts from my main blog and for the community users not to have to create two login accounts.

If I install Buddy Press on a Multisite (in a directory off my main domain ie; http://www.myblog.com/community/) ; can I use a BP template without disturbing my main blog theme? Can my blog and user logins be linked to my BP community or does it have to be installed on my main WP blog to do this?

What are my best options here? I look forward to using BuddyPress as my community. Thank you!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘BP and Multisite questions pre-install’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar