Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to solve the problem of alignment in practice?

• Fernando Marques
    Participant

@fernando-marques

Hello friends

I would like to solve the problem in the sidebar of my theme, which was mangled, leaving the sidebar and below as if it were the footer, I used BuddyPress Template Pack, but I do not see where you can change, I use the theme headlines WooThemes

see example

http://www.woothemes.com/demo/?name=headlines

If someone can help me, I could even make the topic complete to be edited directly

Please someone help me, I really need to use buddypress, I have a community of 5 thousand members and this would be the blockbuster of the year and do not want to use the wordpressmu with the theme compatible

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Did you read the instructions in step 3 of BP Template Pack?

You’ll have to add some CSS overrides or modify some BP templates.

If you can provide a link to your WooThemes site with BP enabled, we could perhaps troubleshoot this.

Fernando Marques
    Participant

@fernando-marques

Hello friend I can not really send you the link, and visited it at any time, and wanted to make a surprise, with the change of thema

I am sending you a private message to explain a second solution,

but now on the explanation of step 3, I looked and I swear to you that I could not understand where change, he even left an example, but I’ve never seen an example in practice, the funny that I go to a Web extensive study to learn everything, but for now I need help

Fernando Marques
    Participant

@fernando-marques

Friend, @r-a-y

you have no idea how much I need your help, I’m at a point that either I’m using wordpress mu, buddypres to have a separate part of my main site, or I will rely on help from someone to set the theme I could give you the admin password for my site, or even give him the password to login to FTP, to help me, I really need, and I live in Brazil, and unfortunately here we do not have many people to help at this time, and I do not have international credit card to pay for help

you could help me, just me, and could even put your site as a partner and help you with Google Adsen, is one of the few ways that could help you

thanks

Fernando Marques
    Participant

@fernando-marques

Hello friend, I did a test on another site with the same theme, so they can show you the link and the defect, you or someone could help?

the site with the error

http://www.e-photo.com.br/members/admin/groups/

or show where I have to edit, because I look and I can not, stage 3 only says that I have to change the page index, and ai fit with my theme, but where I have to adjust? with / div is just a reference, but do not know what to change

modemlooper

@modemlooper

Why do you have all those widgets in the footer? Remove those then we can see whats going on.

One problem is in the css you have the content height at 400px.

modemlooper

@modemlooper

I actually have this theme and looked at it and its so easy to convert. I think most of you are over thinking the process.

Here is the top of the BP forum index page looks like

<?php get_header() ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_directory_forums_content' ) ?>

<div id="container">
    <div id="content">

See the container and content? these need to match your theme exactly. On your theme it looks like this:

<?php get_header() ?>

<div id="content" class="col-full">
    <div id="main" class="col-left">

So to fix it you need to merge these into this:

<?php get_header() ?>

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_directory_forums_content' ) ?>

<div id="content" class="col-full">
    <div id="main" class="col-left">

You must do this with the bottom of the page code as well so the footer and sidebar code matches up.

BP forum index page bottom code:

</div><!-- #content -->
    </div><!-- #container -->

<?php locate_template( array( 'sidebar.php' ), true ) ?>

<?php get_footer() ?>

Your theme code:

</div><!-- /#main -->

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

</div><!-- /#content -->

<?php get_footer(); ?>

xiv-studios
    Participant

@xiv-studios

I have been searching for someone to help me with my theme. I have the theme called WP-Creativix

Dudeski
    Participant

@bikesbeijing

Hi modemlooper, I tried what you said. Actually in my theme it was exactly like you stated. However, after editing in wordpress theme editor, nothing changes…. what can be the problem?

modemlooper

@modemlooper

@Dudeski I think it’s a BP bug. I’ve seen other posts on here where people cannot edit themes via admin.

I have been trying to make Artisteer files usable for BP, with no luck…
    Having tried several times I cannot seem to get the code right on all the files, below is the theme’s page.php code, can some kind person here please highlight or indicate to me (I am not good at PHP, CSS, or HTML yes, but not PHP) what I have to carry across to the BP files.

bacticks

<a href="” rel=”bookmark” title=””>

backticks

bacticks

bacticks

Dang it, I can’t get the code to paste properly!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘How to solve the problem of alignment in practice?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar