Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

issue on wp 3.0 install with BP

• eric
    Participant

@fotosbyeric

I recently updated to wp 3.0, then installed buddypress. Once I did, I got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_get_current_user() in /wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 1059

No other plugins were activated at the time of the install, and I tried to delete the buddypress folder from the plugins directory. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • also custom avatars no longer appear, nor to most of my thumbnails, pictures or avatar cropping.
    files are uploaded into blogs.dir/files (I upgraded from WPMU) I have included the rewrite rule

RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/(.*) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$2 [L]

but so far it’s not doing anything usefull.

I’m having the same problem. My avatars, pictures and header are gone from the site after the upgrade. Please help!

peterverkooijen
    Participant

@peterverkooijen

@eric, current versions of BP are not WordPress 3.0-ready.

I’ve upgraded a BP 1.1.3-based custom theme to WordPress 3.0. The only problem I’ve found so far is avatars upload, so I guess WP 3.0 changed how it handles avatars?

Can someone point out which change broke the functionality? Were function or hook names changed? Were functions moved to other files? Or something more complicated?

Is this already being worked on for a 1.2+ version? Is there a trac (or whatever it’s called) that I can use as reference to try to fix it in my custom theme?

Joyce Borneo
    Participant

@joyceborneo

I have updated WP 3.0 on my BP. The following instruction appears in my dashboard: “The wp-content/blogs.php file is deprecated. Please remove it and update your server rewrite rules to use wp-includes/ms-files.php instead.”. As I am a novice, anybody can tell me how to ‘ update my server rewrite rules’? Thanks.

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

@joyceborneo – Read these instructions and follow them as your life depended on it!
    http://developersmind.com/2010/06/17/upgrading-wordpress-mu-2-9-2-to-wordpress-3-0/

For the other people in this thread, the above might help, but might not depending on your use case.

Joyce Borneo
    Participant

@joyceborneo

@r-a-y Thank you for your help, I have done as your instructions and all work well now:D

piccs3o
    Participant

@steve-kelsey

Hi, I am experiencing exactly the same problem as the original poster Eric so to save opening up a new thread on the same topic I thought it better to post my question here.

My actions and resulting symptoms are exactly the same as Eric’s original post-I installed WP 3 then BuddyPress. I have updated BuddyPress
    I get the same error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_get_current_user() in /wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 1059

I have tried on the Mult-isite forum at WP but despite some useful advice I have still not got anywhere.

Here is the weird thing.Even when I disable BP I still get the same error.

It’s a problem because BP functions will not work so I can’t use BP at all.

I don’t know if Eric got an answer and as I am new to BP I am not sure I see a solution to this problem in the link r-a-y kindly provided.
    really appreciate any suggestions you can offer.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘issue on wp 3.0 install with BP’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar