Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

“Stack overflow at line 15” and site not accepting new users

• The UnCool
    Participant

@theuncool

I recently installed buddy press on an existing WP site (most updated version) and ran it through the BP Template Pack. Recently tried to set up a sample user to make sure the process works and found it’s not submitting users to the site. When you fill out the new user form and hit the Confirm New User button it just reverts to the form you filled in and does not submit. I tried on two different browsers:
    Firefox – just reverts to the same form without explanation and does not submit
    Explorer – Reverts to same form but prompts a pop-up that says “Stack overflow at line:15”
    Any idea how I can fix this? I’ve actually deactivated BP until I can fix this, as it blocks readers from commenting on posts.
    the-uncool.com

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• The UnCool
    Participant

@theuncool

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Should I just uninstall buddy press?

Does it work with the default theme?

The UnCool
    Participant

@theuncool

Hi Paul. Thanks for getting back to me.
    Because I was applying BP to a pre-existing site that’s already using a theme, I have not tried changing the theme. I thought that if you use the BP Template Pack, you can keep using your current theme?

*Yes* but testing this on bp-default would tell us if it is an error with your custom theme (whether it uses the files in BP Template Pack, or not) or with something else.

Mark
    Participant

@wpsec

What version of PHP are you using on the site?

The UnCool
    Participant

@theuncool

PHP Version : 5.2.13

Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

As Paul said, you need to distill your environment down to the least common denominator. Switch to the default BP theme and make sure you do not have any other plugins besides BP activated. If the problem goes away, then it has something to do with your theme, one of your installed plugins, or a combination of both.

The next step, then, is to figure out what is causing the problem. So, first switch back to your custom theme. If your site still runs without issue, then it is one or more of your plugins. If the site breaks, then it is your theme. If the theme seems fine, then start reactivating one plugin at a time until the problem returns.

Also, you should look in your server’s log files to see if there are any clues as to what might be going on.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘“Stack overflow at line 15” and site not accepting new users’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar