Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Tons of errors enabling plugin WordPress 3.0 and latest version of BuddyPress

• Jesse
    Participant

@jdd1987

Hi, I just downloaded the latest version of BuddyPress and installed on my local server… When I activate the plugin, however, I get a long, long list of errors:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Users/jessedrelick/Sites/Local/wp3/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core.php on line 1054

Notice: get_usermeta is deprecated since version 3.0! Use get_user_meta() instead. in /Users/jessedrelick/Sites/Local/wp3/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3237

Notice: Undefined index: user-avatar-default in /Users/jessedrelick/Sites/Local/wp3/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core.php on line 156

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$profile in /Users/jessedrelick/Sites/Local/wp3/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-xprofile/bp-xprofile-classes.php on line 796

Notice: get_usermeta is deprecated since version 3.0! Use get_user_meta() instead. in /Users/jessedrelick/Sites/Local/wp3/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3237

Notice: Undefined index: bb-config-location in /Users/jessedrelick/Sites/Local/wp3/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums.php on line 23

Notice: Constant BP_XPROFILE_BASE_GROUP_NAME already defined in /Users/jessedrelick/Sites/Local/wp3/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-xprofile.php on line 101

Notice: Constant BP_XPROFILE_FULLNAME_FIELD_NAME already defined in /Users/jessedrelick/Sites/Local/wp3/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-xprofile.php on line 102

Notice: Undefined index: fileupload_maxk in /Users/jessedrelick/Sites/Local/wp3/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-avatars.php on line 35

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$current_group in /Users/jessedrelick/Sites/Local/wp3/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-groups.php on line 218

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Users/jessedrelick/Sites/Local/wp3/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-groups.php on line 218

Notice: Undefined variable: count_indicator in /Users/jessedrelick/Sites/Local/wp3/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-messages.php on line 113

These are just some of the errors… I am surprised because it says it is compatible with WP3 which is what I am running, and I can see getting one or two errors, but this literally is just a small portion of the errors I get… I have disabled all other plugins to see if there was a conflict but that apparently is not the problem…. Please help, I don’t want to look elsewhere!!! : (

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

You can ignore notices for the most part; it’s something the BP core dev team needs to clean up, but won’t affect the functionality of BP.

I believe you have WP_DEBUG defined in wp-config.php, if you do, uncomment that line.

Jesse
    Participant

@jdd1987

Thanks a lot! I was surprised that there was that many errors but I guess i’ll just go with it!

Driftless
    Participant

@driftless1

Howdy,

I find the same issue – almost a full screen of deprecated function notices and the like, my site is entirely unusable. Of course, as you point out, one can disable the debug function – but since I am developing sites and plugins, I find the debug to be extremely valuable…

Any roadmap on when those errors might be cleaned out? Any way a guy can help?

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Tons of errors enabling plugin WordPress 3.0 and latest version of BuddyPress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar