Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Using virtual multiblog

• Michael C
    Participant

@mcallans

I am trying to install this with Virtual Multiblog (like MU). When clicking on Activities — or any of the default links on top — it can’t find the page. Has anyone installed this with VBM?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Virtual multiblog is in a way like MU, but different; MU shares the userbase, themes and plugins, while VMU treats each install totally separate.

The reason why BP doesn’t really work with VMU is BP requires pretty permalinks and alterations to the .htaccess file; VMU doesn’t like plugins that try to modify the .htaccess file.

You might be able to get away with the following tip about custom permalinks in VMU on different VMU blogs:
    http://striderweb.com/wp-content/multiblog/multiblog-readme.htm#permalinks

Michael C
    Participant

@mcallans

Thanks for the information. This references a .htaccess file. I am running windows on IIS. This seems to refer to an apache type install. I am not that bright, so I may have this all wrong.

I tried installing on a clean non-VMB install and had the same issue. It appears to be more of a windows/iis issue. I was able to get the menu links working by following some advice on other threads (I will post if someone else wants, but don’t have them handy — essentially working with 404.php and some snippets of code in bpcore.php and another one). I did not have success with the VMB — but I am going to give this another try.

However, now I am challenged with an internal install of BBPress. When submitting a new topic, it goes back to a blank entry page.

I think all of this is due to incompatibility with windows/iis. I have a lot going on with this server, so I can’t switch it. Any suggestions on working in this environment?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Using virtual multiblog’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar