Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Activation email is not sent from ’Dashboard Site’

• Running wp3.0 and bp 1.2.5. The upgrade has fixed part of the problem that I was having, but I still have the following issue.

When a user registers from one of the subdomain sites, his activation email has a link which point to the subdomain, but when he follows it, he gets an HTTP 404 error. If he removes the subdomain name from the link, everything works fine. Example: registers from sub1.example.com, gets an activation link pointing to sub1.example.com/activate?key=xxxx, follows the link and gets an HTTP 404. Replace the link with example.com/activate?key=xxxx and activation is successful.

The user’s avatar gets place in the repository for the blog described in ‘Super Admin->Options->Dashboard Site’ and the user that gets created is assigned to that same blog. The only thing that’s a problem is that the email doesn’t come from the ‘Dashboard Site’.

Any suggestion on how I can fix this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Do you have BuddyPress activated network-wide?

If you activated BP network-wide, when you attempt to register from a subdomain, what is supposed to happen is you get redirected to BuddyPress’ register page.

Yes, BuddyPress is activated network-wide.

I get redirected to subdomain.domain.com/register which runs the register.php file in my theme. The register.php file is a copy of the bp-default/registration/register.php file, with a couple of formatting changes.

Should I get redirected to domain.com/register (without the subdomain)?

btw, the contents of the bp-custom.php file are:

php define( ‘BP_ROOT_BLOG’, 9 );
    php define( ‘BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG’, 1 );

if that’s any help.

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Remove the register.php from your user blog’s theme because you shouldn’t need it.
    That’s causing the problem.

If I remove registration/register.php from my theme, I just get sent back to the subdomain’s home page when I try to register, without getting a form to register in. Where does the BuddyPress registration page come from when things are working correctly? Is it from the bp-default theme?

I think the problem was that I had BP_MULTIBLOG_ENABLED, and didn’t have BLOGID_CURRENT_SITE set correctly in wp-config.php. I fixed that, but now, I get the following error when I try to delete a user:

[03-Jul-2010 13:22:47] PHP Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /var/www/vhosts/veraloft.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-groups/bp-groups-classes.php on line 1053

The error occurs in delete_all_for_user(), a member function of BP_Groups_Member

Any ideas?

It looks like the fix is to change:
    $group_ids = $this->get_group_ids( $user_id );

to:
    $group_ids = BP_Groups_Member::get_group_ids( $user_id );

in bp-groups-classes.php

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Activation email is not sent from ’Dashboard Site’’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar