Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Only members get profiles

• christophg

@christophg

Hello all. I was wondering if there was a way to get buddypress to recognize when a someone is signing up with my site as a free subscriber as opposed to a “member”. I wish to only let paying members have a profile. I would love to know if there is a way to do this! Thank you for your time!

Christoph

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

@christophG

You can do this with the s2member plugin. In the “API/Scripting” section, you’ll find some advanced conditionals that can be added in your theme templates, or included in a custom function. If you’re using s2member, you could try adding this to your theme’s functions.php file… should work anyway ;-)

`function remove_member_profile_nav() {
    if (!current_user_can(‘access_s2member_level1’)) {
    bp_core_remove_nav_item( ‘profile’ );
    }
    }
    add_action( ‘bp_setup_nav’, ‘remove_member_profile_nav’, 15 );`

christophg

@christophg

Sorry I took so long to check this post. Been away. Thank you so much pcwriter I will check this out! solves a big issue I had! Thanks again!

On this same vein, can I make free members get a different registration form. Lets say with just the “base” profile fields to fill out for my records?

Thanks @pcwriter! It worked!…sort of… Is there a way to completely remove their profile that you know of? As of now that code removes the level “0” users ability to change their profile. If they click “edit profile” it sends them to a page that says “The page isn’t redirecting properly
    Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
    This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
    cookies.”

Any ideas?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Only members get profiles’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar