Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

It’s bad when the *project* site is broken…

• ….but even worse when the problem persists.

For over a month I’ve been stymied by going beyond the first page of forum posts on the Scholarpress forum: http://buddypress.org/community/groups/buddypress-courseware/forum/

Chrome, Firefox, Safari, a reset FF and Safari, all fail. I get a status saying “Read http://www.google-analytics.com” so the site is obviously waiting on Google’s API but it never loads and timesout.

Who pays attention to functionality and your logs? It’s one reason I have a love-hate relationship with any open source project (mostly love) and know that only constructive criticism is worthwhile. I hope you take this in that spirit.

Trying to use BP and Scholarpress together for a production site is really, really hard. Then when I can’t even scroll through posts to see if someone else uncovered the same issue just adds to it.

Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Exactly the same for me if I click on a specific forum on here and then use the pagination links. I opened a thread about it on the troubleshooting thread, but cannot navigate to it to see if there was a reply!

I have had to hack my BP theme to remove ajax calls for pagination, and the dropdown selectors dont work either.

Pretty major bugs IMHO.

modemlooper

@modemlooper

Guys, do not us this site as an example of BuddyPress quality. It’s being updated to something completely different and better. It’s a custom BuddyPress site.

The example site for BuddyPress is http://testbp.org

jsibley
    Participant

@jsibley

I’ve asked elsewhere and haven’t received an answer. How long until a new support site is available? Weeks? Months? Does someone know?

jsibley
    Participant

@jsibley

Also, will activity streams on the new site show dates and times? That would be quite helpful in seeing how recent or stale a response is.

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

@modemlooper it’s unfair to say that visitors shouldn’t use the very BuddyPress.org website as an example of BuddyPress’ quality. It’s reasonable to expect the core developers of the very software you’re using to lead by example with the site they’ve built to support their community.

modemlooper

@modemlooper

This is not a typical BuddyPress install, the usebase is tied into WordPress.com and there was an update to WordPress a few months back and it broke this site so they fixed enough to get site some what usable.

It’s taking longer to fix this site because John Jacoby is adding bbpress forums. Bare with the breakage now and get better support later with refreshed and enhanced forums.

That link worked fine for me. I’m using Firefox 8.

Why are you people whining about this site’s quality? Focus on your own projects and let the developers focus on their plans.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘It’s bad when the *project* site is broken…’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar