Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Please stop developing Facebook and Twitter plugins

Inactive

Can we put to rest the idea that there ever will be a FB or TW community plugin that works? Sure you can tweet your posts or create boring sidebar widgets, but there will never be a good community plugin for BP or WP. These “integration” plugins crop up all the time only to die a slow death. Developers submit these plugins then get flooded by bug reports and are never to be heard from again. Can we stop chasing this Grey Ghost once and for all? Can all this effort be put into something productive? For even if it worked and the heavens shined down upon you how much traffic is that 1% that will ever use it bring?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• apwinthrop
    Participant

@apwinthrop

I guess you have a beef with plugins like Tweetstream? Why do you think it’s not worth it? I think it’s a great way of connecting disparate social networks.

kasscomplex
    Participant

@kasscomplex

… Or you could stop using community plug-ins instead :)

paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

FB and TW plugins are awesome. In fact I think a Buzz plugin for BP would fit in well very nicely.

Pisanojm
    Participant

@pisanojm

The Tweetstream plugin IS the reason I decided on BuddyPress and is currently working with some minor bugs.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Please stop developing Facebook and Twitter plugins’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar