Migrated WordPress Installation, Cannot Access Forums
I did a lot of searching and could not find any posts that matched my issue.
I migrated my WordPress server from GoDaddy to another hosting service. Everything went fine, SQL data, etc… and the site loads just fine. The only thing that doesn’t load, is the forums. I get a “page is forbidden”.
I did some searching around, and found I had to reconfigure my forums in BuddyPress >> Forums Setup. It had not updated to the new location, which after I did some rooting around ended up being
I get a page that tells me my forums are setup completely, but then nothing shows up when I try to access the forums from my site.
I then looked at bb-config.php in the bb-forums dir under /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/ and I find
* *** IMPORTANT ****
* This file will stop people from accessing your bbPress installation directly.
* It is very important from a security standpoint that this file is not moved.
* Your actual bb-config.php file will be installed in the root of your WordPress
* installation once you have set up the forums component in BuddyPress.
header(“HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden”); die;
I looked at the sample config file, and it looked nothing like this, but this is the exact file from when my server was running correctly!
Any help would be much appreciated.
- The topic ‘Migrated WordPress Installation, Cannot Access Forums’ is closed to new replies.