Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Hide post update on Forums?

• opensourcelover

@opensourcelover

How can I hide updates to forums? This is very confusing to users and they keep posting updates rather than posting under forum threads. Pls help. Thank you.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• opensourcelover

@opensourcelover

Any plugin or other suggestion?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

You can disable posting of updates to posts and forums in Activity Stream. Go to dashboard > BuddyPress > General Settings – click on the “yes” radio button for “Disable activity stream commenting on blog and forum posts?”

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

mercime’s suggestion will work well if you want to keep people from commenting on certain kinds of activity items. If you want to turn off updates entirely, you may want to do it at the theme level. You’ll need a child theme (https://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/building-a-buddypress-child-theme/). In that child theme, make sure you have a file groups/single/activity.php. You can get the content of that file from wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/groups/single/activity.php. Then, in the version of activity.php in your child theme, remove the following lines:
    `

`

opensourcelover

@opensourcelover

Thank you guys. I will give it a try!

opensourcelover

@opensourcelover

I don’t have this option “isable activity stream commenting on blog and forum posts”” under dashboard > BuddyPress > General Settings

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

That’s strange, it should be in BuddyPress > General Settings panel right under “Disable global forum directory?:” What BP/WP versions are you on?

Do either of you have any suggestions on how to filter new forum topics and threads out of a group’s activity stream? We would like to limit our activity stream to “status updates”, pictures, links to articles, etc.. New forum topics and threads are overwhelming our other content. Any help would be appreciated! Happy 4th!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide post update on Forums?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar