Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

More of the Crop Problem!

• Hi,

I know it has been done to death, but I’m going around in circles and cannot find a solution.

BuddyPress v 1.2.6
    s2member v 3.2.9
    Wordpress v 3.0.1

Problem:
    Upon creating membership, members cannot crop their uploaded avatar. The facility just is not there.

Solution:
    I have been searching for several days for a solution to this problem. None of the options that I have seen (and tried) have worked, and many are completely irrelevant to my WP install (for example, there is no “Miscellaneous” in settings).

Having searched for a while, it seems there are plenty of people having this problem, and that it has been going on for several months. This is a pretty basic function that I would have thought would have had more emphasis. Why is it so hard to find a fix for this?

I’m not a coder, but I have tried to rectify this using all the code alterations offered (ones where the locations of the files to edit have actually been identified and not just assumed to be obvious to someone like me!)
    Nothing is working.

Please don’t link to other threads stating the same problem. I have been going around in circles on this following every link available already.

I really want to get this fixed, but I just can’t find any solution to it. For such a fundamental and common problem I would have thought a proper fix would have been released, considering this has been going on for months.

Please, I’m begging you, if there is a solution to this that actually works with the versions stated above, I’d really, really, really love to see it. :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• teebes
    Participant

@teebes

Do you have any other pluginstthemes installed? Try disabling s2member temporarily and using the out of the box theme. I just had a very similar issue with facestream causing issues with group setup/avatars on my end.

techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

I’d definitely look at s2member. It hijacks the normal user creation process and that’s probably why it doesn’t have the capability.

thelandman
    Participant

@thelandman

@Annoyed, What theme are you using? Do you have a link I could take a look at. Often the problem is that a theme or plugin includes a different version of jquery to the that comes with WordPress. You could load jquery from google. Put this code at the top of your functions.php (in your theme folder)

`function my_init_method() {
    wp_deregister_script( ‘jquery’ );
    wp_register_script( ‘jquery’, ‘http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4/jquery.min.js’);
    }

add_action(‘init’, ‘my_init_method’);`

Bowe
    Participant

@bowromir

S2Member is not the problem.. Unless you do not use the regular BuddyPress signup option and only allow people to signup through a S2Member registration form.

The avatar upload step should always appear. You might have a jQuery conflict but even then you should SEE the upload process, you just would not be able to crop your avatar after upload.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘More of the Crop Problem!’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar