Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New 1.5 Buddypress redirects all links with /member in them

• I have a site that has an entire section where the URLs are /membership-information/.

If the URL has ‘member’ in it anywhere; then buddypress is showing the member directory on every one of these pages instead of the page content.

Any ideas how to fix that?

Thank you.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• ceeeeg
    Participant

@ceeeeg

I had the same problem and so i deleted everything, did a fresh install and started over. When I was installing BuddyPress when it asks about the permalinks I chose the second one and continued and it now works EXCEPT for the EDIT PROFILE page, it is doing a 404 error. I noticed the link is removed the %20 in between the words for instance.

/members/CJ%20Gaul/profile/ is the profile link then when I click edit it goes to

/members/CJGaul/profile/edit/group/1

Not sure how to resolve this.

I’ve tried redoing permalinks etc. (I am using a multi-site setup.)

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Just to clarify, where did you install WordPress, at domain root http://yoursite.com/ or elsewhere?
    If you did not install in root, did you install in subdirectory named members?
    Did you go through the installation process?
    Did you change the page slug for members?
    Are you using the bp-default theme?

ceeeeg
    Participant

@ceeeeg

I did install into the root, not the folder members.

I did go through the install process.

I did not change the page slug for members.

Yes I am using the default buddypress theme.

> I have a site that has an entire section where the URLs are /membership-information/

I had a quick go at recreating, but couldn’t. What type of content is membership-information, and the URLs underneath? Are they all pages?

Wordpress is installed at the root domain.
    I went through the upgrade process.
    It’s a multi-site install.

It’s not the default theme; although the default theme has the same problems.

The /membership-information/ URLs are all pages.

I’ve tried changing the members page, slug, resaving permalinks, and so far nothing has worked. This only affects the members page. The activity, forums, and other buddypress features don’t show content on inappropriate pages.

The URLs load fine; but the content is always the buddypress membership information.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

What’s in your .htaccess file? Please post here.

After further thought; it can’t be the .htaccess.

The URLs are not being redirected- they are where I want to go.

It’s the content that’s incorrect; which seems that it’s one of the buddypress options to ‘select page’ to show the content on; however, I’ve delected the page, created a new one, etc in trying to get this to work – it’s a buddypress/wordpress issue – not an .htaccess one.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘New 1.5 Buddypress redirects all links with /member in them’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar