Search
Bottom

[Resolved] 1.1 beta Forums Not Auto-Installing

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

BP 1.1 beta + WPMU 2.8.4a (subdomains) in New Test Install in webhost

FEEBACK:

Installations of WPMU and BP went like a breeze. You can now activate BP for single or Activate Sitewide – two thumbs up. I did not add any new user nor a new blog yet, so I only activated BP for the main blog, then went to BuddyPress > Forum Setup and got giddy when I saw

Forums in BuddyPress make use of a bbPress installation to function. You can choose to either let BuddyPress set up a new bbPress install, or use an already existing bbPress install. Please choose one of the options below.

Could the devs really have simplified the process of installing and integrating bbpress with WPMU con BuddyPress with ONE CLICK? Awesome.

Clicked on “Set up a new bbpress installation”, the clicked on “complete installation” in the next sreen, and got new message in next screen

A configuration file could not be created. No problem, but you will need to save the text shown below into a file named bb-config.php in the root directory of your WordPress installation before you can start using the forum functionality.

$bb->custom_user_table = "wp_users";

$bb->custom_user_meta_table = "wp_usermeta";

$bb->uri = "http://example.com/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bbpress/";

$bb->name = " Forums";

$bb->wordpress_mu_primary_blog_id = 1;

define('BB_AUTH_SALT', "9baa041e5ed39652872c33ffb178a922b22b45eda70eea76a51a5faae0ffb060");

define('BB_LOGGED_IN_SALT', "cbf3ff97033de4c8cda0c14260fc7d61c203f7f60bc1c286a260d718e5251ae9");

define('BB_SECURE_AUTH_SALT', "1a2c3ddff797c35c8a03ab8b66897c164531ff651b31a061dece3de4f52a74d0");

define('WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION', 2);

?>

Manually created the bp-config.php, added info above plus the opening <?php, and uploaded to root at http://example.com/

When I click on the Forum link on front end however, I got blank white screen. Checked if bbpress folder was created in BuddyPress/bp-forums/, there was none. Double-checked in database (36 tables). Didn’t see bbpress tables created.

Since auto install didn’t work, FTP uploaded bbpress folder into bp-forums then run BuddyPress > Forums Set up and got this confirmation:

All done! Configuration settings have been saved to the file bb-config.php in the root of your WordPress install.

And true enough, bb-config.php now showed the database info, salt key etc. just like the WPMU config files. Checked database and there are now 43 tables but bbpress tables were now wp_bb_forums, wp_bb_terms, etc.

Moral of all WP stories: if you can’t auto install, you can always do it the old-fashioned way, FTP upload or via cpanel. Will now go and play with test install. This is a major development, awesome!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] 1.1 beta Forums Not Auto-Installing’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar