Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

1.6 Update Help – Pages

• Joyce

@joshualedetnet

I have read the codex and all regarding the new upgrade, but I am having an issue where my fan community’s pages aren’t working. I correctly created them and they are going to the correct pages, but my content is missing. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

http://welovejoshualedet.com is the web address.

Thanks

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Have you already gone through basic troubleshooting like deactivating all plugins except BuddyPress and check if issue is resolved?

Joyce

@joshualedetnet

Yes, I did. Still no luck. :(

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@joshualedetnet Btw, did you run through the Update Wizard after you upgraded to BP 1.6? https://codex.buddypress.org/releases/version-1-6/upgrading-to-1-6/

Joyce

@joshualedetnet

Yes I did that too. I did everything it asked me to do, and my pages are going to the correct pages, but no content. For example, before the upgrade, I had 20 groups, but they are not displaying when you click on the “Groups” tab.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@joshualedetnet For online visitor, it’s not a matter of page not displaying but a matter of too many redirects as tested in two browsers. I know you mentioned you deactivated the plugins, but did you also deactivate mu-plugins and/or bp-custom.php by renaming file/folders as well and all at the same time? Are you using custom Page Templates for your Members and Groups Directories?

Chrome – This webpage has a redirect loop. The webpage at http://welovejoshualedet.com/groups/ has resulted in too many redirects. etc, etc. Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

Firefox – The page isn’t redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. etc. etc.

rodtrent
    Participant

@rodtrent

Same here. Still waiting to figure out if someone will produce a fix for this version.

Joyce

@joshualedetnet

@mercime – I am new to Buddypress so I am slowly figuring things out. I use the same template for the groups and members. I use the template that came with BuddyPress when I installed it. I have noticed the redirects as well. I can try renaming the file folders, do I do that through cPanel or WordPress?

Joyce

@joshualedetnet

@rodtrent – seems like everyone is having issues… I hope it gets resolved for everyone.

rodtrent
    Participant

@rodtrent

Yep…definitely issues. I’m wanting to downgrade, but don’t see any downgrade instructions posted anywhere. I’ll just have to wait until there’s a more significant reason to upgrade instead of just having the latest and greatest.

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

@joshualedetnet (and others having the issue) – Could you help us to debug by putting the following into your bp-custom.php or theme’s functions.php file?

`add_filter( ‘bp_do_redirect_canonical’, ‘__return_false’ );`

And then let us know whether the redirect problem stops. (If it does, you’re welcome to leave that line in there until there’s a fix – it simply disables a new canonical URL feature.)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘1.6 Update Help – Pages’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar